Friday, February 20, 2009

One Just Needs to Ask


It's time for another "Tender Mercy". Since Zane turned eight, he was ready to join cub scouts. I knew that I had Lance's old cub scout shirt somewhere. But, SOMEWHERE was the key word. I didn't really want to buy a new one...being the frugile person that I am...and since scout shirts cost so dang much. I kind of, vaguely, remembered seeing the shirt not too long ago. And so, I started looking. But, I couldn't remember WHERE I had seen it. Of course, I had postponed the search until the day Zane was supposed to go. I thought the shirt had to be in of the baskets of my boys hand-me-down clothes that I keep on a very high shelf in my closet. (Maybe I had seen it when I went through the baskets to get out winter clothing.???) The problem is that there are several baskets. Lance would have started wearing it at the age of eight but he would have worn it until 11. So, which basket would it be in? I started looking through ALL of them. ...couldn't find it. ARGH. I looked through Lance's closet. Not there. DOUBLE ARGH. Looked through Zane's closet. No luck. TRIPLE ARGH! I was getting very frustrated and so I gave up.
A week later, it's that time again. Zane needs to go to Cub Scouts. I need to find that shirt. Of course, I hadn't made time to look during the whole week before. Procrastinator, that's me. I really didn't want to buy a new one though. But, this time, I thought I should do what I preach....and pray about it. I knew that my memory was/is SHOT, but that Someone up above could help me rememer where I saw it not too long ago. And, so I prayed for help. As I started looking in my closet again, almost instantly, I got a picture of it in my head... on the shelf....by itself, not in a basket. I was standing on the stepstool cause I was just about to reach up for the baskets on the very high shelf. (...to take down the baskets and start looking again) As I turned around, I saw a ziplock bag with the scout shirt and bandanas directly across me just randomly thrown up onto the shelf. (The shelf goes around all 3 walls in my closet.) I never turned around. I'd just stand on the stool, grab a basket, and bring it down to look through it's contents. So, there the shirt was. I would have never been able to see it except from where I was. Zane was able to get all dressed up in his official hand-me-down cub scout shirt. I hope that when my children read this, they will see how important it is to SIMPLY ASK. Ask and ye shall receive. I know that my prayers are answered. When something is important to me, it's important to my Heavenly Father....even something like finding a cub scout shirt.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

And he makes that shirt look good. :)