Friday, February 20, 2009

Fabulous Fourteen!

So, my first baby turned fourteen on February 13th. Yes, I am getting old, but it's soooo exciting to see my baby growing up into such a wonderful young man. I am so proud of Lance!
At 6lbs, 11oz, he was my smallest baby. He was a good first baby to take care of. He made "learning the ropes" easy. He was born with two of the cutest dimples ever. He used to hate his blond hair and wanted to dye it dark. But, now, I think he is starting to realize that the girls love his dimples, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I know I am biased, but he's pretty dang cute.
At the age of two, he became a big brother. (and, yes this photo must have been taked during the Brooke Shields era:)

We bought this quad for him when he was four and he loved it! He was so nice to give his sister rides. If Sierra started to let go of his side, he would stop his quad and have her hold on tighter before he would proceed. And, yes it's the same quad that Weston drives now.





Lance's Kindergarten Picture


In 2001, he became a big brother again. Being a big brother takes so much responsiblity. He has always been so helpful when his siblings were little. Of course, it changed to a little more teasing....okay, okay, A LOT more teasing, as his siblings got older:). I think that's where I got back what was coming to me. I remember my mom getting so frustrated when my siblings and I teased each other.



Lance, Sierra, and Zane on the day of Lance's baptism.





Wanting to imitate his dad, Lance learned to do the flip on the diving board.




And, maybe he imitated his dad too closely here:).....Lance was given tools for his birthday so that he could stop losing his dad's tools. Lance has become quite handy with fixing things. He now works at his Dad's shop when he has time and is learning a lot about engines.





As he grew older, he no longer wanted to be cute things for Halloween. He wanted to be SCARY! So, here's Lance in 2003 being some sort of a ghoul. (The mask was off so his mom could take a picture of his cute face:).


In 2005, Lance became a big brother again the the last time. He was 11 when Weston was born. The relationship between Wes and Lance was a special one....and it still is. Weston is Lance's little buddy.




We are so proud of Lance.



This past year or so, he really has blossomed. Hmmm, that's probably not a good guy word, but I can't think of another one. But, Lance has really grown up. He carries on adult-like conversations. He filled his responsibilty as a Deacon's Class President very well. His sense of humor has gotten to be quite fun to joke around with. We hope that he had a wonderful 14th birthday. We are to thankful to have him in our home. I know it's rough being the oldest. Life is harder. More is expected of him. He got to be the one that Mom made all her parenting mistakes on. Yet, he is still turning out so wonderfully despite my mistakes. Love you Lance!



**On a side, note. We went to dinner as a family for his birthday. I forgot my camera. :( He chose to go to the Texas Roadhouse. He didn't want to sit on the saddle for his bday song, but he stood by it and smiled. This was the year to have a party also. So, he and a bunch of friends went paintballing and had a bbq out in the desert. They had a lot of fun. And, again, the camera didn't go out with Todd. Sorry. Happy Birthday Lance!

No comments: