Saturday, January 31, 2009

"TOTALLY AWESOME"

So, I have to admit that before I had kids, I thought I'd NEVER put one of those cheesy character shirts on my own kids. never. too nerdy. totally cheesy.
Then, I had my own kids. And, I saw the joy in their faces as they saw their favorite characters on pieces of clothing. And, then I saw the joy triple as they got to WEAR such clothing.
And, so it began.
Lance had pokemon. Sierra wore all the princesses. Zane enjoyed the hand-me-down pokemon clothing and added Dash from Incredibles to the collection. And, with Wes, came Lightning McQueen.
The clothes still aren't my favorite outfits, but the other day Wes let me know this shirt is "TOTALLY AWESOME." And, I thought, let the kid wear it everyday of his life if it makes him that happy. It was so cute!
And, so now, my opinion has changed. And, I get all excited for the kid that is wearing a character shirt cause I know what they're feeling inside! TOTALLY AWESOME. But, don't expect to catch me wearing one:)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm not a big fan of character clothing either. But Justin was pretty excited about the Thomas the Train shirt I got him. :)

What bugs me is when you can't find stuff without the character on it-- a while back I was looking for a cheap pair of tennis shoes for Charlotte and couldn't find anything without Dora or princesses on it. Not that I'm opposed to them, but Charlotte had no idea who they were, so I refused to by them. Thankfully I found some character-free shoes. When she has an "obsession" maybe I'll get her some. Until then, probably not. :)

Catherine said...

Actually, I do draw the lines at character shoes. talk about UUUGGGGLLY!!!

D said...

Oh, no, I just found Jonathan some McQueen shoes at a thrift store (they are still at least 2 sizes too big) and he was so excited about them.

I don't mind the shirts for Jonathan, but for some reason I don't like them so much for Rachel. And Conover is just going to get whatever is in the hand-me-down bag, so it doesn't really matter for him.

Catherine said...

oh, great. now Wes is going to want some. maybe there are some less tacky ones available:)

Just Be us said...

Look how proud he is of his shirt!
I love it! Your a good mom, Cath!