Friday, June 25, 2010

Long Lost Friend

OK, so she wasn't lost. But, it had been wayyyy too long since I last saw her. Cindy lives in Utah and, sadly, we just don't get to see each other that often. So, of course, I was elated to get to spend a day with her and her family back in March. Cindy is married to Dave, a great guy, and they have four wonderful boys. I REALLY wished we lived closer so that our two families could get together a lot more.

We spend the day out in the Arizona desert having lots of fun together.

Weston and Corbin had so much fun playing in the dirt and riding quads.

We played a few friendly games of Koob with the Beus family.



Zane and Connor played a few games too. It's a rather fun game that we highly recommend. Everywhere we take it, people end up buying or making their own set.



And, of course, you can't have a fun day out in the desert with a good BBQ. YUM. Thanks Todd for the delic. burgers:)
Wes having fun!
Lance riding around.

Lance decided to attempt the steep hill. Unfortunately, it got the better of him. But kudos to Lance for even trying. You don't see me up there:)

But, on the other hand, Todd still thinks he's a twenty year old. So, he showed Lance how to get it done. Pretty sexy, huh?!
Although the big boys had big quads and cycles to ride, they seem to have a lot of fun riding the little quads. Carson and Lance, the two 15 year-olds, went off on the little quads down the river. I guess they had a blast...even if they got themselves stuck. love it.
Being the good Sissy that she is, Sierra took Wes on a walk.

Then, it was time for war. A paintball war, that is. All I can think is "ouch." I gladly sat on the sidelines for this event.
Dads vs Boys. Two against three. The teenagers took off quickly.

The old men were slow and strategic.


hmmm. Where'd they go?
"ouch" - there they are. Lance became the victim a.k.a the loser.

The Dads were the victors!!! Way to go! The most fun part was after the dads beat the teenagers, they let us wives take a few shots at them just to see how to do it. But, it was so much fun, we couldn't stop. hee hee. Nest thing we knew, the men were running away as Cindy and I chased them down. Yea, I never thought shooting Todd with a bunch of paintballs could be so fun. Luckily, they didn't pay us back. I bruise too easily. ha ha

We ended the day with the younger boys having some target shooting. It was a wonderful day with a wonderful family. We hope they can come back soon... or we can get up to UT ( I guess it would be our turn now) ... or we can meet in the middle. But, it better be sooner vs later that we get to spend some more time with the Beus family again. Love them!!!

No comments: