
Somedays, you just feel like you're a loser of a mom. Like when deep down, you keep questioning your son's vision. A year ago at Costco, Zane said he couldn't see the HUGE restroom sign hanging from the ceiling when I tried to point it out to him. Of course, that sparked a discussion on what he could see and what he couldn't. Knowing his father had bad vision, it was time to get Zane's checked out! We had his vision tested, but the man said it wasn't really that bad. In fact, he acted like we could do without the glasses. Hmmmm ??? BUT, if Zane was having a hard time with the chalkboard at school, he should wear his glasses in the classroom. So, that's what he did for the last year. Although there were times we questioned it. Like when he would say he wished that he brought the glasses with him to see something farther away. hmmmm??? not really necessary. ??? didn't add up. Now I'm sure the vision got worse over the year, but I still wonder how accurate that first test was. When the year mark came up, I took Zane for another vision test (yes, sadly, a WHOLE year later). Guess what?! His vision is horrible and he needs to be wearing glasses all the time!!! LOSER MOTHER. Sometimes we need to follow our gut and not what someone else tells us. Zane since then admitted he didn't understand the test the first time and just kept answering yes. ugh. Before the test this time, I explained that this is how they determine what kind of glasses you need so CAREFULLY answer the questions:). Make sure there is a difference when they ask you. When we picked up his new prescription glasses, Zane got the CHEESIEST smile as he looked around and then stated "I can see all the way down the aisle". Poor kid. I asked him if this is why he often sat on the wall at recess ...because he couldn't see his friends out on the playground. "Sometimes". LOSER MOTHER. I should've known. Forgive me, Zane, for not listening to those gnawing questions that the glasses and vision didn't make sense all last year!
No comments:
Post a Comment