Monday, September 15, 2008

Play Ball!

I have always enjoyed taking mom 'n'tot classes with all of my children. Of course, it is Weston's turn now. We are taking a sports class through the city. The first couple of weeks we played baseball. Now, we are playing football. Weston seems to enjoy the class, although he's given me some attitude. The second week of class he refused to participate. I told him that he needed to listen or to go to time out. He choose time out. WHAT?! I wasn't expecting that one. So, he went to time out. Later, he started misbehaving again. I told him we were going to go home if he didn't want to play. He said he wanted to go home! WRONG ANSWER, KID! Well, we went home anyways. I was a very disgruntled mother.
So, the next week, I had a plan...BRIBERY. There's a candy machine at the center. He gets to buy candy after class if he participates and listens to the coach/teacher. And, now he does. Although there are times when I need to remind him of that:). Either way, he's participating and seeming to enjoy it.
Wes has learned to put his fingers on the laces, put the ball by his ear, step, and throw.
Above, Wes plays with his coach. Catch the ball, Run, and Score a TOUCHDOWN!!! YEA!!!!

On a side note....at the candy machine....he doesn't pick out m&ms or skittles like a typical kid would. He picks out FUNYUNS! Todd would be proud.

4 comments:

D said...

Yeah, Jonathan is in just a regular sports class (it starts 1/2 hour after Rachel's dance class) and it was a bit of a mistake. He is still too little to go by himself. He runs out the door and ignores the teacher and cries. And it isn't mom'n'tot, so I am not "allowed" in there with him. Argh... I thought he would be jealous since Rachel was going in a class, but at least I know better now :P

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how gorgeous the pictures you take are! I will have to remember the bribery technique. Wes will probably thank you some day for making him stick with it! It looks like he has athletic abilities!

The Romero family said...

SO cute! Reminds me of 2 other cute little boys doing City of Mesa activities about 10 years ago.

Nash said...

I was in YW when you were in my ward in Lehi.
I don't know if you will remember me or not, but I am interested in the horse shows and such that your daughter is in. I have an 8 year old who is obsessed and who I know would love just taking care of a horse.
Any info would be great.
My maiden name was Mclaws.
Thanks, Shanda