We went swimming yesterday after school with Megan and her kids. Weston spotted a baby toad. So, Gianna quickly snatched it up and the fun began. The kids had lots of fun with it. Poor baby toad.
The problem is we've been invaded by a whole family of them! I guess most of them hide during the day. And during the night, the adults come out and like to croak. Although, I wouldn't even call it "croaking". It's more like some animal making noises while it's dying. The first night we heard them, we thought it was actually some baby screaming. I believe that the toads are coming in with the irrigation. But, they are ending up in our pool which is fun for the kids, but horrible when the pool is right by our bedroom. During the night, Todd and I are woken up by croaking toads. It's horrible. They are soooo loud and obnoxious! Last night, Todd went out and caught FIVE of them. This morning, I went out to feed the horses. Oops. He missed one. There was that familiar and dreadful cry. The kids were sooooo excited to go out and see it. What do you do? The big question is what is Todd doing with the toads after he catches them? Anybody eaten toad legs before? jk!
On another note, the big kids are back to school. I'm a bad mom. I didn't get any back-to-school pics. The first day seemed long to them, but they are adjusting and starting to enjoy it. Lance is in eighth grade, Sierra is in sixth, and Zane is in second.
School will keep them busy and back on a routine now. I think it will do the same for me also. I somehow got roped into being the PTRO Vice Pres. at the junior high (thanks to my sweet friend, Kelly, who insisted it was a piece of cake). Although before school even started, I spent two mornings there for Bookstore Days and put on a teacher breakfast another day. It's starting to look like a BIG piece of cake:). Oh, I'm teasing. I do enjoy getting involved, but I don't think Lance is too thrilled about having me down at his school. Then, I am also in charge of the school fundraiser at the elementary school this month. It's back to "work" for me. It's a good thing I finished reading "Breaking Dawn" yesterday, so I can start getting some stuff done. :) LOVED the book! I tried to have some self control by limiting my reading time and getting some work done. Todd still couldn't believe how fast I read it....five days. Wait till he hears my sister, Michelle, read it in two days! (700+ pages) I bet her house is even still clean....she can do it all. In fact, she probably made homemade salsa and bread the same day:).



3 comments:
Awwww, but they're so cute!!
Glad you enjoyed Breaking Dawn. In our family I have read it, Archie, Laura, Lybi, James her husband, Kristina. We all loved it. James, Lybi and I took a little less than 2 days. Sweet Lybi and her husband (who is a phenomenally fast reader) took one hour shifts while the other one tended children then they switched. James was done by 10 pm, Lybi by 3:30 AM. Kristina is now reading it out loud to Seth. Go to TwilightMoms.com and find the BD concert transcript of Stephenie's answers to questions. (click on newsblog to find it) She answers some neat questions.
That's so funny about the frogs/toads - whatever. They can be obnoxious! I remember we used to have them in our yard in NM also. Loud little buggers! Now I AM curious what Todd is doing with them??!?!?!?! Ick. Storm looks like a beautiful horse! That's so scary that he fell on Todd, though! OUCH!!! So, I guess I don't know horses well enough. I can't figure out why an older horse would've been able to maneuver better than a young one??
Post a Comment