Friday, August 8, 2008

Forgotten News

How could I forget?!....the other exciting story about our new horse, Storm. I took him to my horseback riding lesson yesterday. I was glad to hear that my teacher thought he was a good horse and very well started. After riding Storm home from my horsebackriding lesson, I stopped in our front yard at our horse trailer to put my tack in it. I should have been more careful, but I wasn't expecting it. As I took off the bridle and reins and went to put on the halter and leadrope, Storm took off! Imagine my panic. I'm yelling "whoa," "easy," and whatever else I could think of. He just keeps heading off. Maybe it made it worse as I chased him from behind? I hoped he'd stop in a neighbor's yard to eat grass, but NOOOOO....he just kept on jogging down the middle of our street. We live on a dead end street, but of course, I couldn't be fortunate enough to have him head towards the dead end. He was headed to the main street - a four lane city street (five if you count the middle lane, do you?). I started praying that a car wouldn't hit him as I realized that he wasn't going to stop. He went right into the road and took a right. Whew....no car hit him. He just kept jogging and even loping down the middle of the road. What was I going to do??!! I kept chasing him, but there was no hope in catching him. I kept hoping he'd stop, but he didn't. All the traffic both directions stopped. It must've been a sight to see. He went a good block and a half down the main road and was still going strong and I was getting farther and farther back. Luckily, a man drove up in his car, saw what was happening, passed me, and then passed in front of the *(&^##*&%^* horse and jumped out of his car and caught him. He just opened up his arms and said Whoa. The horse gave in. Whew. How embarrassing. How I wanted to beat that *&$#@#* horse, but I was too tired to do anything....and the onlookers might have called Sherriff Joe Arpaio on me for animal cruelty. I thought I was going to collapse. I just walked him home on the sidewalk. Both of our heads hung down. Dumb Horse. I still love him though. But, I won't make that mistake again. (sorry, no pic of that one....actually, I bet you'd love a movie clip of that....me... trying to chase down a horse. I think I can almost laugh about it now.)




On another note, the kids got home from school today and immediately jumped in the pool to go catch the toads. I hope they all don't end up covered in warts!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! I can't believe you had to chase down a horse in the middle of Mesa! ; ) Glad you had some help!!!! Man, that sure would've been a great video (hee,hee) ..... I mean.. that's terrible! ; )

The Romero family said...

Love that story, and ya, I wish there was a picture :)