Friday, August 22, 2008

Elks Youth Camp

Last weekend, we had a reunion for my side of the family. We went to a place up past Roosevelt Lake. We had a great time. Here are three of our kids out in front of our cabin. Each family had a little bunkhouse....and it was simply that....just bunkbeds for sleeping. Then, there was a one big bathroom/shower facility to share and one lodge for us to cook in and play games in.

This is the cool lizard (skink?) that I, Catherine, caught. Yea, I am pretty proud of myself. I've still got it....even if I had to use a cup cause I was afraid it would bite me:).

The place was beautiful. So green! Here's a group of us taking a walk down to the apple trees and berry bushes.
Zane and Weston were side-tracked with a stink bug.


Zane and Wes again - two wilderness boys. These two boys were in heaven. They played so long and so well together....just having fun out in the wilderness. Diggin' in the dirt and exploring is what it was all about.



Cousins = Best Friends. The big girls in our family.
Sierra, McKenna, Hannah, (and Maddie, not shown - she wasn't in the mood for picture taking)


We played quite a few games of Koob.

Grandpa and Grandma gave out lots of love.






The kids played so nicely together. It was a great weekend. We are so grateful to have so many cousins for our children to play with and to be best friends with.
Above is Paige, Jordan, Zane, and Rachel. Below, Sierra and Zane are showing off a cool moth that Sierra caught.





The camp had two tetherball poles. Here, Hannah and Lance are playing a game.
Even Jackson wanted in on the action.

And, then, you know who, couldn't resist a swinging ball. Cash went crazy over those tetherballs. Unfortunately, he ended up popping one so we got to pay to replace it:).





Help Weston solve the mystery of where Jackson and Tim found their rocks. :) He might have a future in acting the way he pretends that he doesn't know where the rocks are from.

And, last but not least, is the main attraction for all the kids - the tree swing. Gotta love it! They spent HOURS on this swing.

Overall, we had a great time. We played games....like Koob, Quarto, and cards. We ate delicious food including chorizo tostados, egg burritos, gourmet hotdogs, hambugers cooked above the coals, pancakes covered in berries and whipcream, and turkey wraps. I think I gained 5 lbs....at least. Ooooh, and who can forget the yummy homemade deer jerky that Debbie and Sterling so graciously shared. It was a beautiful place. The kids loved to hike around and play in the creek. Some of the family even took a trip to the waterfalls and to the watch tower at the top of the mountain. Absolutely breathtaking! (Sorry, I didn't get pics of these things. I tried to get some pics from my sister-in-law but now the blogger won't upload them....go figure!)

Zane's big question - Mom, how come we only get to come every other year?

Yea, he wants to come EVERY year. It was that great:). With a beautiful location and great family...what else do you expect.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm all for doing it every year. We might actually be able to come next year. :)

Looks like you all had so much fun!