Monday, July 20, 2009

He Still Loves Me

Poor Todd. He puts up with a lot. It's always my job to empty the motorhome after a trip since it's his job to head back to the shop and make some money after we just blew a bunch on a trip:). Well, after we went to CO, I did my job. Or so I thought. A few days later, I remembered that I left soda pop in there. We often do that in the winter since we know we'll return to the dunes shortly and use the drinks then. It dawned on me that the summer heat would not be kind to those cans of soda. I mentioned it to Todd. Sure enough, he goes out there and cleans up the mess from the exploded pop cans. What a nice guy!

And, ...if that wasn't enough. On Saturday, he was moving the motorhome to it's parking spot out back. As he walked by the fridge, he got a whiff of something. What does he do? Opens the door and INHALES DEEPLY. Peeee- uuuuu. What is that awful smell? If that wasn't enough to gag him, he searches and finds hamburger meat rotting in a shelf in the freezer. Todd starts dry heaving...yacking...whatever you call it....all the while...running back outside for fresh air. He says he has never smelled something so bad before.

When we were in CO, I guess a friend had given him some of his hamburger meat from the ranch and he'd put it in the freezer. The problem was that I didn't know it was there. I didn't bother to check the shelf by feeling around...which is what I should have done since I couldn't see anything from where I stood.

Poor Todd.

Lucky Catherine.

Todd cleaned up the whole mess, trying not to gag the whole time. SERIOUSLY. He brought the plastic bin/shelf inside the house to bleach it. I couldn't believe just how bad that alone smelled after the meat was gone.

Yes, I am glad he found it and not me. I am glad he found it NOW and not in 2 months when we were ready to use the motorhome again. Could you imagine how bad that would've been? I am glad he was willing to clean it up and didn't even yell at me to go do my job properly.

He loves me despite my shortcomings. He loves me enough to clean up rotten meat that I should have taken inside in the first place.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is so sweet! What a GREAT GUY!

Just Be us said...

Hahahahaha! What a funny post! Todd is great!