Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Enjoying the Beauty of Colorado

It was hard to believe all the water that was up there in that area...I guess cause I live in a dessert. But, there were waterfalls in every corner. We stopped and played at one. The men got into a splashing fight - by throwing in large rocks next to the person that they wanted to splash. Yes, they never grow up.:)






Sierra went worm-hunting for the upcoming fishing trip. They found several more for us. Unfortunately, the fish ended up liking the power bait more. Anybody need any worms?


I tell the boys to pose for me - poor Wes gets a headlock hug. ouch.





Zane tried to be so patient while he was fishing.





Todd was setting up the lines. Zane was holding one pole for a while. As soon as he threw another pole in, that pole got one. He quickly gave that pole to Zane to bring it in, but Zane says Dad still caught it. ?? Versus the other pole that he had been holding...that Dad also put the bait on. ?? I guess Zane hadn't held this pole long enough to consider it his. Poor kid. He really wanted to catch one.





Zane still had fun holding the fish.








Sierra's first fish - She was not enjoying holding it too much.








But, by the 2nd fish, she was a pro and could smile with her trophy. Way to go Sierra.




Wes just had a lot of fun wandering around....dragging a fishing pole (without a hook on it) behind him. He kept saying that he was fishing. He must've realized something wasn't working, because by the end, he switched to the net. Where's his fish?!



Lance didn't even try fishing. He spent all his freetime mountain biking up there. He really enjoyed it. Bro. Morris (avid rider to the left) said that Lance is a "natural" at it. Funny....Todd says the same thing about Lance on his cycle. I guess Lance needs to start spending some more time out on the trails.


L to R: Nelson, Lance, and Bro. M

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

There is nowhere quite like Colorado for fishing and the general outdoors. I grew up all over the hills in south west Colorado. My favorite area is up by Wolf Creek Pass and Pagosa springs.

Just Be us said...

What a fun trip! Love the photo of Zane holding Wes in a headlock! Soooooo funny! Still laughing over THAT one! I love that Wes dragged around a fishing pole, too. What a crack up! And I believe that about Lance ... he seems to be a natural at all things athletic!