At least once a month, my parents, Steven & Geneen, invite all of their children and their families over for Sunday dinner. My parents are soooo generous about it (generous with their time, their home, and their money to buy the food to feed everyone/the army). One would think that now that their kids are all grown up and all out of their house, they'd enjoy the peace and quiet. But, for some reason....they still can't get enough of us:) (I can't figure that one out yet - jk). My mom says now that they are retired, that this gives them one thing to do. But, I know she doesn't need another thing to do.
Even though we (the children) all bring a side dish, I know that it is A LOT to host everyone and to supply the main dish, drinks, and more. But, yet, they love to do it. And, we all LOVE to come. At least once a month, we all converge on their house (about 15 adults and 18 young children)...and I think that on the other Sundays there is a standing invitation for anyone to come back again and join them for dinner if they want to. I think some of my brothers go almost every week. But, that just shows how wonderful my mom and dad are. We all love to be together as a family. We all love to hang out together. We all love that our children are close cousins. Of course, I am biased, but I know my family is close due to how we were raised. I just hope that my own little family can grow up to be the same way. ....that all my kids and their spouses...and their kids... will come back to my house as much as I can get them....for Sunday dinners or whatever else it might be.
Todd brought along some entertainment this time....his shocking game. The men loved to see who would end up getting shocked.
And, then the kids joined in. Is that bad that we let them? I don't think they completely understood what was happening when they got the shock (for being the last one to push a button after the music stopped). It was pretty funny ...maybe a little mean....but again this is the family that let my Zane stick his tongue to the frozen stair railing on our Polar Express trip. Oh well. That'll make 'em tough. right?! :)



2 comments:
And I can't wait to join you! Just one more month. :)
What fun pictures! What a great family!!!!!!
Post a Comment