Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Spring Camping!

Todd managed to ditch the shop for a couple of days so that we could get in some family fun in the great outdoors. We went camping up north of Strawberry. Weston was, of course, excited to ride his quad.
Wes was also excited to....I'm not quite sure....just simply be outdoors in the dirt with Alivia, maybe. ??? It looks like he was singing. He does have a bit of Zane's goofiness in him. And dear old Kota, our 13 year old lab, still puttin' up with the little ones. He's been the best dog ever. He simply hung around the camp with us. No more running along on the rides (Cash does that now). He simply takes it easy and grants us with his sweet spirit. We love our Takota!

Our collection of pine cones and the great gatherers that helped to collect them.


Lance giving his baby brother a ride.



Megan, Kelly, and I heading out for a horseback ride. Kelly was a little hesitant, but I think she had fun. At least, she giggled a lot when we loped. She doesn't have much horse experience, which is funny cause her husband, Jason, is an ex-rodeo guy. In fact, we talked him into showing us his stuff since he never joins us on trail rides. He jumped onto my bareback horse from the ground. We were all impressed. Some others had to try it after he did it. Todd actually made it once. I was too embarrassed to even try. I don't think there's anyway I could make it up that high. Maybe when I lose 10 lbs (aka never).





Todd and the boys target shooting. (l to r: Todd, Zane S., Brock, and Lance) The dads and the older boys actually spent a good amount of time paintballing out there. So, they all came home with bruises:).




Here's the young boys being cool - (l to r: Cole, Mason, Zane S. and our Zane).




Todd sighting it in.



Jason, the great white hunter, contemplating his next aim:).





Weston giving Kota a kiss. Simply precious.



Zane T., Cole, and Mason helping to gather wood for the campfire.





Dinner around the campfire.





Jason making the bonfire BIGGER and HOTTER!
We had a great time, although it would have been nice to have another day or two. My kids came home filthy dirty after 3 days up north. Here's to great camping, yummy food, and good friends.











No comments: