Wednesday, June 25, 2008

While they were gone....

Those of us left home, went swimming. First, Lance found a baby red racer in our pool. What excitement! I think that was the first one this year. We love our snakes (at least the non-biting ones)!




And then, I was right. Yes, we have to make a point of it:). Wes has been horrible about swimming this year. "I can't swim" he would whine. He endured swim lessons for two weeks. He did improve some....went from all out crying to his whimpering whine by the end of two weeks. Well, as we were swimming yesterday, I decided to review our skills. Boy, was Wes upset. And, to top it all off, Lance and Todd were siding with him. So, I let him rest....which means he went and sat in the waterfall and played in his "baby pool" up at the top... all the while giving me this poor picked on kid look. After a few minutes, I went and grabbed him again. Todd and Lance couldn't believe how mean I was. Then, all of a sudden, it clicked. And Wes was off and swimming and loving it. SMILING and SWIMMING....and JUMPING off the diving board! Yea, I was right. Moms are always right:) It's not like I have taught three other kids to swim or anything!












3 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy cow! I really should get my kids in swim lessons, but who has the time for that? Besides, our kiddy pool is only 6 inches deep. Maybe next summer. :)

D said...

Maybe I just need to leave Jonathan at your house for a week so he can learn :). And Rachel too, for that matter. After you dropped us off at Michelle's Jonathan was very concerned that we were going swimming again and kept saying that he was too small to go in the pool. Next summer it is happening for sure!

D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.