
When the LDS church finishes a Temple, they have an "Open House" for all to come walk through it. Once it is dedicated, then only worthy members can enter. A new temple was built in the Gila Valley (eastern AZ) and so my extended family planned a trip to take the children through the temple. I remember back in seminary, I made the goal to go through every temple in the world that the church had built. The problem is that back then there was 4o something Temples. Now, there are over 130.... on the way to fulfilling the prophecy of temples dotting the earth.

We arrived the night before and so the younger kids jumped at the chance to go swimming again. (remember it was April...so they probably hadn't been since the previous summer:).




I love all the smiles! They had a lot of fun in that hotel pool! We love heated pools!



Wes was a little hesitant to actually do any swimming so he needed a little convincing from Sierra and Zane. The jacuzzi ended up bubbling over --BONUS fun:):)


The next day, our family headed to the Temple where we went on the tour and got to see the beautiful inside rooms.


Todd had to work so it was just me and the kids from our family. (It was a little windy out there...I didn't really style my hair like that:).

After the Temple tour, we went to go see where the kids Great Grandpa Richardson grew up.

FUNNIEST PIC EVER!!! When you walk through the Temple tour, they give you these booties to wear over your shoes (to help keep the Temple clean). I am driving and I turn around to see this! TOOOOoooo funny.

He's knows he's a goofball and I love it! ....he looks like he was caught red-handed!

So, then Zane joined in the fun.

As we were driving out to the water reservoir, look what we came across! A Gila Monster!!! Ironic, seeing as Great, Great Gpa Richardson used to handle and play around with these poisonous creatures! We let it be after taking a few pics:)

...walking around....being silly

Shot too late....but Lance had the "hat" on again. What a goof!


no privacy here.

It was a beautiful day with my family. We are so blessed to have a wonderful extended family, to have such a heritage...on all sides of our families:).
No comments:
Post a Comment