Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Weston

Being the loser mother that I am, I forgot to charge my camera before we went out to dinner on Wes' birthday. Way back when....September 1st.....(yes, once again, I am doing a marathon post as I try to catch up on our family blog. Anyways.) Twenty five days ago, Weston turned four. We let the kids choose where they would like to go eat on their birthday. Since Wes doesn't quite get that, we chose for him. And, what kid doesn't love Chuck E Cheese ....you can't beat pizza and games. Our family had a great time overall. Todd's dad and stepmom joined us in the fun. Although I do need to be honest. Poor Wes freaked out a little....well, A LOT....at the Chuck E Cheese character when he walked out into the restaurant. (Good going Todd and Catherine....when you have a kid scared of costumes...go to a restaurant with a big mouse for his bday) Luckily, we convinced Wes that Chuck was cool. He was even going to pose for a picture....that's when I realized my battery was dead. Oh, and there was the incident where he got lost in the tunnel maze and was crying. (aren't I such a good mommy?!)

Then, I was planning on letting him have a friend party also, but I was in the middle of running the big fundraiser at the elementary school. I thought maybe I'd postpone that until I was done. Well, Wes didn't even understand what I was talking about and pretty soon the two week fundraiser ended and the birthday party was forgotten about. What a loser mother! I'll have to make it up for him and give him an extra good one for his 5th birthday. Sorry Wes. Hopefully, he'll remember the fun he had dancing in front of the camera at Chuck E Cheeses. Hopefully, he'll remember the toys he got for presents - legos, a bank, a big truck, a new game for his Leapster. Hopefully, he'll remember his yummy cupcakes. Not the Chuck scare or the feeling of being lost in a tunnel forever. Poor Kid. But, here's four reasons why we love you on your Fourth Birthday.
1. We love our Weston cause he loves to "nuggle" with us. When he's tired, he just starts asking to nuggle.
2. We love our Weston cause he can be so dang cute and silly. He's a mini Zane when it comes to performing.
3. We love our Weston cause he loves to go with you wherever you go. He likes to be with those he loves.
4. And, last but not least....We love our Weston cause he is our baby. Always will be. That's what happens when you're the youngest.

1 comment:

Just Be us said...

Aww ... I love "nugglers"! How CUTE! K, you are NOT a loser mom! I know you Catherine Pitts Taylor! Your kids are SOOO blessed to have you & Todd as parents. He will forget the scary Chucky, he'll forget getting lost in the tunnel ... I know because we've all had those kinds of experiences with our kids and they can't remember them anymore! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE WES! Your the cutest little guy! Wish we could see you!