Sunday, October 26, 2008

So, I'm a Sucker for My Girl

After last month's 12 hour ordeal....her first P.O.A. show....I said I'd only do it every few months or so. But, here I am again...the very next month. Sierra was all excited to go to her 2nd show. And since the location was closer and she agreed to only do english and gymkhana, we went. That meant that we were only there from noon to 6:30:) since we skipped out on the western pleasure showing all morning. What can I say? I'm a sucker for my girl.
Unfortunately, her pony, Pepper, was onery. He kept taking the wrong lead, etc etc. But, she still had fun and seemed to enjoy it. We were able to register Pepper, so they were up againest more girls and ponies this time.

Wes and Todd went off of a food search during our long afternoon.


Zane and Wes spent a few hours playing in the dirt hills behind the arena.




Sierra and Pepper did best in the gymkhana games, as usual. He's really not a show pony. They did best in Single Pole and Handy Horse, where they earned 2nd places. It was a lot of fun.




2 comments:

Just Be us said...

Congrats to Sierra & Pepper! That is so special that Sierra was able to go again. You will not regret taking her to those, even though they are so long! What a lucky little girl to have such a great mom! And it looks like her daddy & brothers were there, too!

Danielle said...

How fun! And I agree with Cindy-- you won't regret taking her to those. Think of the memories!