Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carvin' Away

We were invited to the park for a pumpkin carving party with some friends today. Sierra and Zane were so excited. Luckily, Wes was clueless so I didn't have to worry about him trying to carve a pumpkin with a knife in his hand. Cause you know he'd want to do it "ALL BY HIMSELF." Luckily, he was more than happy to swing and play at the park while the middle two kids carved away.
I was really surprised at how long Sierra worked on hers. She was one of the last ones done.


It took a lot of concentration for all the kids. They all seemed so intent and focused on what they were doing. Zane worked hard carving out the top of his pumpkin.


Then, he had some fun with the gooey insides.


But, then he got tired or bored. So, he skipped the carving of the features and put on some Mr. Potato Head features instead. Whalaa. He was done and off playing at the park.




Sierra stuck it through and did hers the ol' fashioned way. She was pretty proud of the fact that this was the FIRST pumpkin EVER that she carved all by herself.




Lance, being cool and mature, just hung out in the distance with his buddy, Brock.



We ended the afternoon with some junk food for dinner - chips, pizza, pop, and popsicles. Now, that was a great afternoon! We're sooo glad Kelly called and got us out there. I had hoped to get a big group shot with all the friends and their pumpkins, but I got too carried away eating my pizza and popsicle and forgot. ....Next year.










3 comments:

Grandma Beanie said...

Way to go Sierra and Zane. I am proud of you.

D said...

What a fun idea! I have a secret passion for pumpkin carving... Next year I am going to have to get one for the kids, and one for me :)

Just Be us said...

How fun! Cute idea to have a pumpkin carving party! K, I'm laughing so hard at cute Zane's expressions! He's so full of it, isn't he? Tell Sierra I'm proud of her and what a great job she did on her pumpkin!