Friday, July 25, 2008

Another great day!

You know it's going to be a GREAT day when you start it off swimming with your horses! I was sure to bring along a camera this time. Above, Sierra is getting ready to have some fun! Look at the smile on her face:) We took off our saddles again and went in bareback.
Here, we are heading into the water for some fun.

We decided to run back to the camera. That was really hard for me without a saddle on. I thought for sure that I'd end up in the water. My horse seemed extra bouncy, like he was trying to leap up out of the water while he ran. Luckily, I didn't fall off.

Here, Sierra is going for a deep swim.

Here, Sierra is running back with the crowd this time. My "Whoa" was to my horse that wanted to go run with the others instead of standing still to take the pictures (hence the camera jig). And,yea, I guess I should have offered Sierra a little bit of compassion when she said Pepper bucked. I'm a bad mom. The poor pony has it the roughest, being the shortest. He does a great job, even though I don't think he's too fond of swimming.

Sierra and I are in the far back going for one more swim. We tried going out together for a short movie clip, but it's a little too short. Better than nothing, I guess. It was a fun ride and a great swim! And, yes, it ended up being a great day all together. We should start everyday off with a horseback ride and swim. (listen to Sierra giggling out there)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like some good fun. Where are you guys riding at? We love doing things outdoors, that looks like such a blast. Do you do that regularly? You guys looks like pro's riding!!!

Anonymous said...

You asked how I do the layout on my spot and it is a very makeshift way. I just put the pictures up one at a time adjust the sizes and the side I want them on. You can do the pictures side by side if they are small. You can do a medium next to a small if one is vertical. Anyways I just play around with it and edit like crazy if the pictures overlap, I am just starting to get a better grasp of it. Anyways how do you do three pictures side by side, haven't figured that out. I love your blog!

Gary and Angela said...

That really looks so fun! Your kids are going to have such amazing childhood memories. And great pictures of them too!

D said...

I love the videos, Catherine. That looks amazing. I almost don't want to show Sterling, because he is going to want to get a horse :)