Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Seventy Dollars

...that's what one pays the Doctor to remove an air soft pellet out of a child's ear canal.
What was he thinking?! Yes, Zane put a pellet in each ear. Why? Who knows? We'll never know why. Although, his Dad could only laugh and rememer the time he got a pea stuck up his nose. Hmmm...now we definitely know it's from his Dad's side of the family. I guess we don't need to know "WHY", we'll just point fingers at those crazy genes.
At first, I tried to get one out with tweezers, but all it did was to push the pellet back more. So, we made the dr. appt. and started to get ready to go. Zane went upstairs and found a tiny suitcase key and somehow flicked out the one pellet that was not so deep into the ear canal. The other one...we could barely see though. So, I told him that I didn't want him to even try it on that ear. So, we went to the Dr. with only a pellet left in one ear. They used a small squirt gun to get water back behind the pellet. The Dr. wasn't sure if it would even work because the pellet was so far back and practically filled the whole ear canal. But, luck was on our side. It came out, so we didn't have to head on to the ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist). Zane and I had a nice, little talk about not sticking things in our ears...or noses (incase he got another bright idea later).

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! What a fiasco! Did you ever hear about Grant's bead experience in 5th grade? It wasn't in HIS ear, but HIS TEACHER'S!!!! And as she was trying to get it out of the one ear, he drops another one in her opposite ear!!!! I STILL laugh when I think about what a crazy boy he was!!! Luckily, she was able to get them both out in the teacher's lounge. But the principal told Grant that she'd gone to the emergency room just to get back at him.