Friday, August 14, 2009

Lance Flies to California with "Austin" ??

Lance was going to go to California this summer to spend some time with his grandparents. Last time he went, a cousin from CA joined them for some of the activities. At the last minute, Griffin, wasn't able to join them this time. Lance's grandma had previously offered to let Lance bring a friend with him. But, we didn't think Lance needed to do that when he was going over there to spend time with his family, not a friend. When Griffin couldn't join Lance though, I wondered if it would be nice to have another "kid" to take some of the pressure off of his grandparents. (They always do sooooo much - toooo much - to entertain and spoil the kids when they visit) We decided to surprise them. I told them that I was letting Lance bring a friend "Austin". But, in reality, it was his cousin, Lauren. She lives here in the valley also, but we get busy and they hardly ever get to spend time together. I thought it would be perfect - still family - but yet Lance would have someone his age if Grandma and Grandpa didn't feel like boogey- boarding, etc. Imagine their surprise when Lauren, aka Austin, got off the plane looking like this gangster dude. But, then pulled back the hood and revealed that "he" was their beautiful granddaughter coming to join in the fun. It was great.
Lance had a great time hanging out with his grandparents and Lauren. They kept him busy as usual. From a car show, to the beach, to Knott's Berry Farm. He was spoiled! I hope he knows how lucky he is!!!




1 comment:

Just Be us said...

Hahahahaha! What a GREAT surprise for them! I LOVE it! And how fun for Lance to have his cousin, too! Lance & Lauren are darling teens!