
Since I was busy taking pictures on my actual birthday, we waited until the following weekend to celebrate it our tradtitional way. And, by tradition, I mean that the last couple of years Todd takes me out of town for some great horseback riding. The first year we went to Sedona. The second year was spent in Pine. This year, we went to Rimrock...just south of Sedona. Above, is my favorite ride, Cherokee. Lots of energy. Lots of spunk. I love riding him....even if he gives me a playful buck every once in a while when we start loping. It was a nice overcast day....I think we were sprinkled on just a bit.

I set my camera on the side of the truck bed so that we could get a "us" photo. Me and my favorite man....even if neither of us look too pleased. What's up with that anyways?! Todd's trusty steed, Trigger, behind us.

I wanted a photo of us together on our horses. So, I tried to set up the camera and start the timer...and then rush to get on my horse and get ready for the picture...all in eight seconds....or whatever it is. My horse wouldn't stand still very well. oops.

Try again. Well, at least, this time you can see my face. So, we left it at this and went to enjoy a trail ride.

We got down to a beautiful creek.

Todd's horse is the dominant horse, so most of the time, I ride behind him. So, what was I to do but take pics:).

Yes, he's leaving me behind. That's okay. I made sure it wasn't too deep. I wasn't swimming with my horse that day. Isn't it breathtaking scenery though?!

Trigger, not so very conviently, lost both of his front shoes. We only had one boot, so we had to go buy another. Then, he even lost a boot in the creek. Here Todd is putting once back on.

What is he thinking? Look at the cheesy, but still cute:), smile. Do you think he is getting tired of me taking pics of him? (Believe me, I have even more pics than this that I am not posting). But, no, he didn't complain. Because it was my birthday trip. He let me take lots of pictures ....cause he loves me, right?! Even if his expression says something else...Like "I am going to ring her neck if she take another picture."
I had a wonderful trip with Todd. We stayed in a Bed and Breakfast called Luna Vista. The food was delicious and the hosts were great. I loved my horseback riding and I loved spending the one on one time with Todd. Thanks to all who took our little ones so that we could "bond." I can't wait to do it next year for my 39th Birthday!!!
1 comment:
NO I DIDN'T ... DANG IT, CATHERINE!!!! I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY! HOW DID I DO THAT!? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND!!! I'm glad you had a good one. Love ya!
Post a Comment