(First of all....a big thanks to Nora who let me take the pics from her camera since I came unprepared....without a camera.) We spent Thanksgiving Day up in Pine with Todd's side of the family. It was beautiful up there. I was so disgusted with myself for missing such a great photo-op with all the leaves and beautiful scenery and beautiful people there.Luckily, kids being kids, they didn't care and still jumped into the wet, soggy leaf pile:).

Here's Megan making the gravy. yummy.
l to r: Lauren, Me, Wayne, and Linda gather around the table....like vultures waiting for their kill.
Well, at least I was.

Sierra and Kalea start filling up their plates.
Can you tell that Lance loves mashed potatoes n gravy. Who doesn't?!

Zane ( the clown with the silly face) and Mason chose to eat out on the front porch. I am not sure why they didn't join us all on the back porch. ??
We had a wonderful meal. All the traditional dishes. Everything was great. And, we all ate too much, of course.

Kalea, Lance, and Lauren share a cousin moment on the couch. How cute. I told Lance that he could share this picture with his friends and then say these girls were his girlfriends....that were in "high school". Who would know they were really his cousins? Is that why he is smiling so big?!

And, of course, Sierra spend the entire time playing with Grandma Nonie's kitten.
The men quickly passed out after eating too much. (l to r: Todd, Jason, and Mike....with Sierra in the middle trying to figure out WHY everyone was sleeping in the middle of the day!

And, then, the real fun began. I suggested getting some fingernail polish and boy, did Grandma Nonie jump on it. Here's Jason getting his manicure while he sleeps. I think he liked his red fingernails.

Sierra and Kalea start filling up their plates.
Can you tell that Lance loves mashed potatoes n gravy. Who doesn't?!
Zane ( the clown with the silly face) and Mason chose to eat out on the front porch. I am not sure why they didn't join us all on the back porch. ??
We had a wonderful meal. All the traditional dishes. Everything was great. And, we all ate too much, of course.

Kalea, Lance, and Lauren share a cousin moment on the couch. How cute. I told Lance that he could share this picture with his friends and then say these girls were his girlfriends....that were in "high school". Who would know they were really his cousins? Is that why he is smiling so big?!

And, of course, Sierra spend the entire time playing with Grandma Nonie's kitten.
The men quickly passed out after eating too much. (l to r: Todd, Jason, and Mike....with Sierra in the middle trying to figure out WHY everyone was sleeping in the middle of the day!
And, then, the real fun began. I suggested getting some fingernail polish and boy, did Grandma Nonie jump on it. Here's Jason getting his manicure while he sleeps. I think he liked his red fingernails.
Overall, we had a wonderful time. We always do, of course. We are so blessed to always have food to eat, work to do, friends and family to play with, and to love. We are so blessed to live in this great country, our wonderful neighborhood, and ward. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives. ...To know that our Savior loves us and that He died for us so that we can have an eternal family. ....Cause that's what it's really all about. Family togetherness.
It truly was a day to be grateful. Well... everyday is, thankfully so:).





2 comments:
What a nice Thanksgiving! Fun to see some familiar faces, too. That's Jason from high school, right? And his wife and kids? So cute! How fun to see Todd & his family. I love the cute faces Zane made, the smile on Lance's face sitting between his highschool "girlfriends", Sierra with her animals. DARLING Wes and Hello!! YOU look great! Oh and I love that you guys painted the guys nails while they napped! So funny!
I love the pictures with the men all passed out and how your mother in law (I'm guessing) got excited to paint the guys nails, lol, thats so great! It looks like you have amazing in-laws and that you all have a great time together!
Post a Comment