Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Family Home Evening

We try to be good. We try to hold our family home evenings. We try to have a lesson where all four kids actually sit and listen and participate. But, somehow, it always seems to end up like this.
Somebody's always distracted. Somebody always wants to goof off. Is this because I have three boys? Or is it something in their raising? A lack of discipline? Or is it in their genes? probably their father's genes, right:) Have you heard the stories about him? jk
At least we can claim that we "bonded" ...we grew closer together....literally....during our family home evening, right?!


5 comments:

D said...

I think it counts. Your kids will remember wrestling with their dad and each other and the dog more than a lesson. Our bishop had one of our "ward goals" be to have home evening every week. I did try for a while there, but it is hard to do. I think that might be one of my new years resolutions (again)...

Jacqueline said...

That's what it's all about. We found that a 5 minute lesson (occasionally one or two minute depending on the ages) followed by family fun worked out good. BTW Talent time, where they could show off anything they wanted to, was very popular.

Woldberg family said...

I think your doing wonderful with having three boys and one big boy in the whole mix...;-) Your family amazes me and I know that Heavenly Father is very pleased and smiling down on those family times.

Jami said...

I think that those are the best kind! You are doing great with your kids, and a family that has fun together loves eachother

Just Be us said...

It's because your NORMAL!!! I LOVE this post. How cute, candid and it's so important to just do our best, like Pres. Hinkley often said, and be happy! Love the photos! Darling!