Monday, November 3, 2008

A Day with Grandpa Wayne

(This happened a couple weeks ago, but I just got these pictures.)
Grandpa Wayne took Lance out for an afternoon of driving the Thing on the Saturday of Fall Break. I think this is the 2nd time he has spent some time with Lance teaching him how to drive the stick shift, etc. Grandpa says he can't believe what a good driver Lance is and how easy it comes to him (must be in his genes, huh, gramps?!). Above is Uncle Josh, Lance, and Grandpa. They spent a whole afternoon driving off road for some fun. They were going to take one of Grandpa's dunebuggies, but unfortunately Lance was too short to reach the pedals on those. So, they headed out in the THING.

One of the coolest parts of the day was the hand-me-down shirt. And, you know that says a lot for a teenager to actually LOVE a hand-me-down:). Grandpa must have rummaged through his closet cause he came out with one of the old BAJA shirts from the good ol' days. (Grandpa Wayne used to take his boys driving dunebuggies or motorcycles down the Baja Pennisula in Mexico. They would camp along the way and go through all these small towns. Those trips are some of Todd's favorite memories). So, Lance was feeling pretty special to get such a cool shirt from Grandpa. I think Todd might have been jealous.

What a cool car...I mean, THING! Thanks Grandpa for taking time for Lance. He really enjoyed his day with you!


(okay, I know I'm just being too motherly here, but Lance looks WAAYYYYY too small to be driving:) I guess Esther (their dog) went along also.




3 comments:

Danielle said...

Yes, he looks a little small to be driving. But oh my heck he looks old in that 2nd picture!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool little vehicle! I love the name it was given!

Just Be us said...

What an adorable grandpa!!! How cute of him to be so sweet with Lance. What a fun day for Lance! Cath, we've GOT to get together with you guys again! I can't believe our older boys don't know eachother! Lorin & Carson would gel so well with Lance!